GreenSolutions(TM) Erosion Control Logs, commonly called wattles, are a very effective sediment control measure. Available in a variety of sizes: 9", 12" and 18", additional diameters are available for more severe applications. Erosion Control Logs are contained by a photodegradable netting which is designed to last at least two construction seasons.
GreenSolutions(TM) Erosion Control Logs, when properly installed, reduce the rate of water flow, absorbing water and filtering sediment. A significant amount of sediment will drop out of the water behind the log during a rain event. Fiber is weed free and naturally biodegradable, enhancing the soil and helping vegetation become established. On steep slopes, logs used in conjunction with a properly designed and installed GreenSolutions(TM) erosion control blanket results in an effective BMP.
- Easy to transport and install.
- Low cost, a single person can usually construct up to 6 a day.
- A low cost solution to sheet and rill erosion problems.
- Flexible enough to conform to most applications.
- Effective at trapping sediment and slowing the velocity of the water.
- Helps establish and store moisture for native vegetation.
- Straw wattles are sterile and seedless, eliminating the introduction of non-native vegetation.
- Straw wattle will decompose over time allowing regrowth of native vegetation that will help to stabilize the site.
- Plastic netting is photodegradable and straw becomes incorporated into soil.
|Weight ('± 10%):
|Custom lengths available upon request|
|Mass Per Unit Weight (±):
||1.6 lbs/ft||3.2 lbs/ft||5.2 lbs/ft|
|Fiber Content % Straw:||100%||100%||100%|
|Functional Longevity (months):||12 mo.||12 mo.||12 mo.|
|Fiber Content:||Agricultural Wheat Straw||Agricultural or Wheat Straw||Agricultural Wheat Straw|
|Fiber Size:||80% of Fibers min. of 6" Long||80% of Fibers min. of 6" Long||80% of Fibers min. of 6" Long|
|Net Configuration:||Fully Encased||Fully Encased||Fully Encased|
GreenSolutions(TM) Erosion Control Log 3 months after install.